Bathala Designer Maceration coffees Wave 1
2020 started with an amazing coffee harvest in Itogon, Benguet. With beautiful coffee cherries freshly harvested from the backyard of the coffee farmers, Henry and Sons partnered with World Barista Champion and Coffee Innovator Sasa Sestic to extract the best taste out of these coffee cherries through specially designed processing method. To bring out the full potential and rich flavor profile of the coffees, innovative method we call "Designer Maceration" was used during the post-harvest process.
Inspired by ancient Filipino folklore where deities bestow gifts of knowledge and bountiful harvests to our ancestors comes the "Bathala Series."
"Bathala Series" is the result of the revolutionary project of Henry and Sons under its social advocacy arm Foundation for Sustainable Coffee Excellence in partnership with the coffee community of Sitio Hartwell, Itogon, Benguet.
Get ready to experience local coffee beans with extraordinary flavors and reimagine the future of the Philippine Coffee Community with the first wave of our selection of Itogon specialty coffee beans.
Each box of the curated Bathala Series Coffee Collection includes:
- Five Special lots roasted to perfection (150g each)
- 1 lot Naranghita - Coffees with red, orange, and yellow fruits. This coffee uses processing methodologies that would provide maximum flavor and clarity with a medium level of intensity.
- 1 lot Tala-This range includes coffees that have a delicate flavor profile and sweetness, with flavors of orange and yellow fruits. The process used on this coffee aims to maximize delicacy and transparency of flavor rather than intensity.
- 2 lots Sampaguita- This category is the most elegant and delicate of the series, these coffees are floral and clean, with refined and gentle flavor profiles.
- 1 lot Rosas- This range of coffees includes intensely sweet purple and dark-colored fruits. The processed used on these coffees highlight dried fruit flavors.
- H&S collectible stickers
Order now and get a FREE shipping fee within the Philippines for a limited time only.